Position: Lead Med Tech
Location: Twin Cities Pavilion/Crestview Manor
Immediate Supervisor: Facility Director
Assure compliance with F.A.C Chapter 58A-5.0185, Medication Standards.
1. Assure accuracy of medication management for resident.
2. Receive and review all new prescriptions. Obtain immediate clarification for orders from treating professional and/or pharmacy as needed.
3. Assure that there are no gaps in resident medications.
4. Residents participating in designated pharmacy program are to be enrolled in Pharmacy’s cycling benefit.
5. Perform daily review of medication sheets (MORs) for completeness and accuracy.
6. Coordinate Medications Cart Review with designated Pharmacy representative quarterly.
7. Notify Pharmacy representative and Facility Director of all problems associated with medications, including: ordering, receiving, refills, cycling, physician orders/communication/instructions, unresolved issues, etc.
8. Ensure all medications are correctly labeled and match MOR.
9. Ensure all medications are supported by a physician’s order and that a copy is placed in the MOR as well as included in the resident personal log.
10. Make necessary changes to MORs immediately.
11. Perform regular QA (quality assurance) to assure med staff is following proper procedures in compliance with F.A.C. Chapter 58A.0185 and completing required documentation.
12. Document all deviations, errors, and non-compliance of med staff immediately. Immediately correct errors when discovered. Chart reason for error and any applicable outcomes.
13. Review/monitor daily medication counts to assure completion and compliance.
14. Maintain open communication with Facility Director, the Resident Care Assistant and co-workers to insure regulatory and procedural policies compliance and avoid errors that may compromise the safety of residents.
15. Participate in staff training.
16. Analyze and implement measure to improve efficiency, effectiveness and accuracy.
17. Be prepared to contact families as situations warrant (proper medications, sufficient medications, reactions, need for medical evaluation, etc).
18. Adhere to facility procedures for sanitizing facility and maintaining cleanliness of facility. Frequent hand washing is required to prevent contamination or transfer of bacteria among residents or staff.
19. Perform functions of Resident Aide daily in support of co-workers and to assure the highest quality of resident care.
20. Other duties as required to ensure the safe and successful operation of Crestview Manor and as assigned by the Facility Director.
Conditions of Employment
This position requires the ability to provide the services and care required by ECC Licensure Standards. Must provide results from a Level II Background Screening report which does not contain any disqualifying events as outlined by AHCA standards. Current certification in First Aide and CPR required. Must pass a pre-employment background screening.
Must be of good and stable character with a minimum of a high school education or GED and the ability to read and accurately maintain records as assigned. Must be patient, caring and able to perform with minimum supervision, have good listening and communication skills, and the ability to work cooperatively with other staff on facility projects. Ability to follow written and oral instructions necessary to complete tasks. Work schedule will be determined by the facility’s needs and as determined by the Facility Director.
Must be clean and neat at all times. Scrubs are the recommended clothing attire.
Must be able to work with little or no supervision. Must be capable of managing time effectively and efficiently to assure assigned tasks are completed within time allowed and in a manner that assures quality work.
Starting wage is $10.00/hour. Increases will be determined by merit, length of service and budgetary constraints