Position Title: Resident Aide
Location: Twin Cities Pavilion or Crestview Manor
Immediate Supervisor: Facility Director
Assure health, safety and comfort of residents through performance of assigned duties and adherence to policies and procedures of facility.
1. Monitor Self Administered Medication for residents.
2. Assist and/or provide personal care and activities of daily living (i.e., eating, walking, bathing, dressing, sitting).
3. Assist residents to and from dining room and facility activities as needed.
4. Perform tasks as listed on DUTY ASSIGNMENT.
5. Note any changes in behavior, emotional of resident and report to the Facility Manager.
6. Apply principles of infection control.
7. Answer phone and take messages as needed.
8. Assist and support the rehabilitation of residents.
9. Turn, position and transfer residents as directed.
10. Assist with, and record, blood pressure, weight and glucose levels as directed.
11. Assist with passive range of motion exercises as directed.
12. Accurately complete required documentation: medication observation form (MOR); Rounds Log, Incident/Follow-up Reports,
Shower Log, Extended Congregate Care (ECC) Log.
13. Preserve the dignity and independence of the residents by using the correct greeting. Using a title (Ms., Mrs., Mr.) before the
first or last name will help to create a desired sense of identity.
14. Respect the resident’s right to make choices and the effect of multiple losses associated with the aging process. Communicate
with gentleness, courtesy and professional concern.
15. Maintain open communication with supervisory staff, the Resident Care Coordinator, the Med Technician and co-workers.
16. Participate in staff training.
17. Remain alert and graciously welcome, record, and monitor legitimacy of non-residents or visitors. All residents, non-residents
and visitors must sign in and out.
18. Be prepared, within your range of skills, to assist residents in problem solving. Contact families if situations warrant.
19. Sort and distribute mail.
20. Adhere to facility procedures for sanitizing facility and maintaining cleanliness of facility. Frequent hand washing is required
to prevent contamination or transfer of bacteria among residents or staff. It is required that staff wear gloves and wash
hands after assisting residents with continence care or being treated for any occasional minor infection.
21. Report and document any damage, malfunctioning or failure of equipment to supervisor and/or maintenance staff.
22. Other duties as required to assure safe and successful operation of Facility or assigned by Facility Director.
Conditions of Employment:
This position requires a current First Aid and CPR Certification, and ability to provide the services and care required by ECC Licensure Standards. Must be able to pass a Level 2 background screening as outlined by AHCA standards. Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Must be of good and stable character with a minimum 10th grade education and ability to read and accurately maintain records as assigned. Must be patient, caring, able to perform with minimum supervision, have good listening and communicating skills, and the ability to work cooperatively with other staff on facility projects. Ability to follow written and oral instructions to complete tasks. Work schedule will be determined by the facility’s needs and as determined by the Facility Director.
Must be clean and neat at all times. Scrubs are the recommended clothing attire. Tee shirts with slogans, advertisement, or depicting cartoons, celebrities/musicians or inappropriate phrasing are considered inappropriate. Shorts and skirts more than 2” above the knee are prohibited. Closed toe, non-skid shoes are required.
Must be able to work with little or no supervision. Must be capable of managing time effectively and efficiently to assure assigned tasks are completed within time allowed and in a manner that assures quality work.
Starting wage is $10.00/hour. Increases will be determined by merit, length of service and budgetary constraints.