A Handbook To Our Services At Elder Services in Okaloosa County
Elder Services Of Okaloosa County is a licensed home health care agency in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. We serve the most vulnerable people living within our communities, specializing in the unique needs of the elderly population. Home health care keeps older adults who are recovering from injuries or managing acute or chronic health conditions where they want to be – at home.
List of services we offer
1. Case management: Case management provides an individual-centered approach to care. Our participants are encouraged to be actively involved in the planning and implementation of their care. Our case managers are professional, patient, and caring and focus on those services that permit the client to remain in the preferred setting of their home.
2. Personal care: Personal care services we provide include assistance with bathing/showering, shampooing, and grooming. The staff members are acutely sensitive to issues of modesty and dignity. Our agency provides professionally trained Home Health Aides to perform services.
3. Companionship: We recognize the difficulty of living alone. Our staff members are trained to converse, assist with meal preparation, read books/newspapers, and generally interact in order to engage participants in activities of daily living.
4. Homemaking: Homemaking services we offer include staff members for light housekeeping in order to keep the home tidy, free of trip hazards, and sanitary. Chores might include mopping, vacuuming, changing sheets, laundry, and cleaning the bathroom/kitchen. A task agreement is completed prior to service initiation.
5. Respite: We offer the opportunity for caregivers to take a break from the demands of 24-hour care. You may run errands, go to the beach, or just rest while the staff cares for your loved one. This type of support provides peace of mind and protects against caregiver burnout.
Aspects that make us second to none
A. Private-pay arrangements
Our clients may make private-pay arrangements with the agency that involves a contract for service. Billing is done monthly for services received. A call to our agency will initiate the process.
B. State and federal programs
Clients on fixed incomes may apply to the Northwest Florida Area Agency on Aging for state and federal programs that will cost them little or no money. The AAA is located in Pensacola, FL.
There is flexibility with regard to scheduling. We put our clients above everything else and will try our best to accommodate your needs.
If you are looking for a licensed home health care agency in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, reach out to us at Elder Services of Okaloosa County. We are a licensed Home Health Agency, providing non-medical services to the frail, at-risk, or recuperating persons in the preferred setting and comfort of their own home. We offer in-home elder care and caregiver services across Fort Walton Beach, Destin, Mary Esther, Crestview, Niceville, Valparaiso, and the surrounding areas.